Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Time

Ahhhhhh summer time, isn't it so much less than it's cracked up to be?!?! I'm so underwhelmed by my summer thus far. "what have you been up to Lincoln?" I know you are all thinking, well, let me think about it a little.....it's hard to say, I swear i've been doing things and keeping busy but it's all been a rather large blurr! The first month of summer I spent in beautiful Oregon, doing some sales for a satellite company. It was an experience I willl never forget for so many good and bad reasons! I made some amazing friends and learned alot about myself! That's what a good summer experience is all about am I right? I learned that preperation can never be overdone. I will never fail to under prepare again in my life. For my sake and for the sake of those who put their trust in me. I had a feeling that I needed to cut my losses and come home for some reason. I had been home a few weeks before I am really understanding why I was needed back here. On monday my Dad had two blood clotts unlodge and get all the way to his lungs, which is very scary. It is, however, the best possible place of the three places they could have gone too. Had they gone to his heart he could have had cardiac arrest and if they'd gone to his brain he'd have had a stroke, or worse. I know the Lord blessed him so much and preserved his life, I have no doubt that there is much more important work for my Dad to perform on this earth. That being said, it has been a challenging trial for him and for all of us. Today he hoped to come home from the hospital, however, we believe he has now contracted pneumonia.....go figure. Needless to say, I have been playing "Mr.Mom" the last three or four days. My mom has been able to stay at the hospital 24/7 with my dad which has been a huge blessing in itself. I am so grateful that I have been in a position to help out like I have. As I sat in the temple today, it all made sense to me why I felt I needed to be back home. I love the temple, it seems to be the only place I can run to for peace now (besides my amazing bed). What a blessing to have the bounitufl temple 5 minutes to the north, and the salt lake 10 minutes to the south. Will I ever be able to comprehend how big of a blessing that has been in my life? I hope so. I am extremely exited to be back in teh singles ward on campus, I really love the ward. It has an awesome feeling and I am making some amazing friends. The bishopric is great as well, I love it because bishop Jacobsen is a football player and he runs his ward as he would a football team and it TRULY inspires me haha. I am currently an FHE supervisor. So far it has been a challenge but one that I look forward to completing. Now here is the big shocker for y'all..........are ya ready? No really, you better sit down for this one, especially if you know me well.......I am now an avid reader. Yup you read correctly, I actually read two whole books in two days this week, and I started the third today. Crazy huh? I have been reading mostly church related books, but it's been a blast! I got a replica copy of the original book of mormon the other day, the one without verses, just strait reading. I am hoping that will increase my reading stamina so i don't get intimidated by a 50 verse chapter, it's just like a novel! Dating is going as well as it usually does. I have been on some good dates lately, but nothing progressing to date numba 2! I am learning alot about myself through all this dating though, I am realizing what I need to do better and more effectively, you would think after 7 years of dating i'd have figured it out? someday it'll all make sense! Well, I hope this is enough to make up for the few months of silence on my blog, this is all the update I can muster out!

1 comment:

  1. Lincoln I am so sorry to hear that about your dad! I am glad everything is ok and that you were here when everything happened. For really good reading, try reading the Twilight Series! ;)

    ReplyDelete