Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family VACA




The most disappointing day of the week is most definitely the day after you get back from vacation and you are back in work and real life is just looking at you and laughing. That was yesterday for me and I did not enjoy it at all! Our week in Huntington Beach was incredible. Our beach house was a 5 minute bike ride from the beach. We had a good time riding our cruisers down the main street in HB by the pierre to the beach, I truly felt like a beach bum at that point. It was awesome. Our first day we did what all utah vacationers do, we loaded up a ton of food and water and spent ALL day at the beach. We swam, boddy surfed, built an amazing city out of sand and of course burried eachother up to our heads and had a competition to see how could bust out with the most style. Being from utah we all fried ourselves and regretted it for the next few days. on day two we loaded up and drove 90 miles down to san diego to sea world. Such a fun place! All the boys ran off to ride the rides that got us all soaked! it was refreshing with the ocean breeze, awww! We ran over to the Shamu show, and sat in that hot stadium for 20 minutes, and then the amazing music came on and we coulda ll tell the show was supposed to have started. but I didn't see any humangous whales jumping....then the music stops and the trainer comes out and says sorry folks, for the first time in eight years, not one of our seven whales wants to participate today in teh show, sorry! haha I guess you can't make an eight ton whale do what it doesn't wanna do! Day three we decided to relax a little, and recover from our vacation to that point. we slept in and ate a big breakfast, rode our cruisers around town and shopped a little, then drove down to san diego againthat night and saw WICKED. It was my second time seeing the show but it still blew me away. I forgot how hillarious it is! Our family are big theater buffs, so we enjoyed that alot. Day four Me and Chase and Preston and Quinn left everyone else back at the house to relax again and we went to KnottsBerry farm. It was a blast! We love roller coasters, although I black out everytime! It in an old park, but it had some new amazing rides. We went from a standstill to 82 MPH in around 3 seconds. It was a rush!
I am now going to finish this post, which I started a few weeks ago! Needless to say the vacation was fun but the effects have all but warn off by now!
Lately:
Even though this portion of the post has nothing to do with our family vacation, it is still going to be posted under the Family VACA post. Deal with it. Lately things have been going really well. Work, school, friends and all other aspects of life. I am finally feeling really comfortable at work and selling a ton and forming relationships with all the guys and then I get a call from Performance West PT, where I left an application months ago. I have been waiting for and anticipating an open Aide job there for a while. So, just as life goes, just when I feel comfortable doing something, a major twist is added in. I have my second interview for the position tomorrow and I feel really good about it. I don't know what I will do. Will I take the job and have awesome experience for my PT school application, but be broke......or will I put it off for another 6 months or so and put away some good money and invest in my future that way? Either way there will be sacrifices made and valuable experience gained. School started today and it was a pretty typical first day of class, teachers trying to put on their mean faces to weed out the weak and everyone in class wearing their best clothes to make a solid first impression. It's all pretty hillarious. As odd as it sounds, it actually feels pretty good being back in class and on campus again. I love summer, but it makes me feel lazy and worthless sometimes. I love having something worth while to accomplish. it keeps me positive and makes me feel like i'm activley doing something about the future i envision for myself. My anatomy class will no doubt be the highlight of my semester. I am really excited to get into it again, I love this topic! it is the only topic that I can study for hours upon hours and still love it. I think I am really going to love my sports psychology class as well. I wish I would have had this info available to me when I was actually an athlete! I love living in sugar house with my buddies as well, it has really been so much fun. This really is the funnest stage of life. I have really learned that it is no more than what I make it. I have gone through my periods of stress, worrying and wondering when certain things will happen for me. I am tired of that, waiting, for what? I am really enjoying being 23 (almost) and paving whatever road I want for myself in whatever direction I want to. The mission feels like it is more and more a dream every day. I feel so close to the memories but so far away from poland. I really wish I could go back, and keep my polish and interact with thoes people again. I feel horrible that I worked so hard for what I did there, and now it feels like I didn't really do that. Like it was just a dream. Atleast I am lucky enough to have all my mission buddies around all the time to remind me that I was there and that I did have some sort of impact.
At this time I would like to give a shout out to the coolest AGGIE promoter/recruiter in all of Logan........and YEA it came to pass, the Jalene did persist in her ways of flattery in the ways of the aggie. Oh YEA she did craft her words wisely and did deceive Lincoln (almost) insomuch that he did believe her that USU is.....indeed.........the PROMISED LAND.
well, thats all folks! Happy reading!


1 comment:

  1. Huzzah!
    USU is dah bomb! We had a freaking foam dance tonight!

    ReplyDelete